Debating motions for schools
Country specific motions
- This House welcomes the World Cup.
2. This House believes that the Olympics should have a permanent home in our country
3. This house would go on holiday in our country.
4. This House would adopt the Latin alphabet for Russian.
5. This house would shift the capital back to St Petersburg.
6. This house wants Belarus to reunite with us.
7. This house would bury Lenin in an ordinary grave.
8. This house would remove all Soviet symbols from public spaces.
9. This house does not trust foreign media.
1.This house believes that the United Nations has failed————————
2. This house welcomes India as a superpower.——————————-
3. This house believes that this is China’s century———————
4. This house dislikes the excessive spread of English. ———————————
5. This house wants a world currency to be created.
- This house would abolish exams.———————————-
2. This house would allow people to leave school at 14 if they want.—————-
3. This house believes that Chinese is a more important language than English.—————–
4. This house believes that Maths is the most important subject
5. This house would abolish school uniform—————————-
6. This house believes that boys and girls should go to separate schools
7. This house believes that women are more intelligent than men.
8. This house prefers short but regular holidays to long but infrequent holidays.
9. This house believes that university should be completely free of charge——–
10. This house would abolish homework——————–
11. This house believes that books have no future
- This house wants to get married one day.
2. This house believes that television rots the mind.
3. This house believes that the economy matters more than the environment.
4. This house believes that the car is the worst invention ever.
6. This house believes that further space exploration is useless.
7. This house supports a manned space mission to Mars.
8. This house believes that medicine is the most respectable profession.
9. This house believes that next year will be better than this year.
- This people believes that only intelligent people should be allowed to vote.
2. This house believes that the minimum age of marriage should be raised to 21.
3. This house would forbid tattoos.
4. This house would ban advertising for unhealthy food.
5. This house believes that adults should be obliged to take exercise.
6. This house believes that no couple should have more than one child.—————–
7. This house believes that women should be obliged to do military service just the same as men.————————-
8. This house would ban alcohol—————————————–
9. This house would ban tobacco.——————————————–
10. This house would outlaw the inheritance of property———————–
11. This house would legally require healthy adults to donate blood.—————-
12. This house would outlaw cosmetic surgery.———————-
13. This house believes that gender equality has been achieved.
14. This house is feminist.
15. This house would legally require everyone to give a DNA sample to the police.
16. TH supports the welfare state
- This house would outlaw zoos.
- This house believes that keeping pets is cruel.
- 3.This house would ban animal performances in circuses.
4. This house would outlaw the testing of medicines and cosmetics on animals.
5. This house believes that a dog is man’s best friend.
- This house believes that the internet has done more harm than good.
4. This house would never tell a lie.
5. This house believes that vegetarianism is superior.
6. This house likes Valentine’s Day
7. This house believes that monarchy is bad.————————————-
8. This house believes that Hollywood is a bad influence.
9.This house believes that the bodies of the dead should always be used for organ donation or research.
10. This house prefers summer to winter
11.This house would abolish the death penalty.———————————
13.This House believes that torture is sometimes justified.————————-
14. This house does not judge by appearances
15. This house would allow euthanasia.————————————-
- This house believes that taxpayers should subsidise the arts.
2. This house believes that gender equality has been achieved.
3. This house believes that mobile phones are a curse.
4. This house does not like Christmas.
5. This house believes that the fashion industry is immoral.—————————-
6. This house would tell its children to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
Transport and the environment
- This House welcomes driverless cars.
2. This house believes that more economic development is undesirable.
3. This House believes that global warming is the greatest threat.———————-
4. This House would reduce the speed limit on motorways to 70 km/p/h.
5. This House would ban private jets.
6. This House believes that the economy is more important than the environment.