ENGLISH TEST. Options. 11 May.
A. Choose the correct option
1. A. When are you going to go out?
B. When going out are we?
C. When do we go out?
2. A. I work tomorrow
B. I don’t working tomorrow
C. I’m working tomorrow
3. A. Did you finish your project?
B. Have you finished your project?
C. Have you got finished your project?
Answer: — Yes, just now
4. A. I am usually having some coffee and toast for my breakfast
B. I am used to have some coffee and toast for my breakfast
C. I usually have some coffee and toast for my breakfast
5. A. I’m trying to eat a more healthy diet
B. I try to eat a more healthy diet
C. I’m trying to eat a healthier diet
6. A. He’s never been to New York
B. He’s never gone to New York
C. He’s gone often to New York
7. A. At this rate, they will never be here on time
B. At this rate, they are never here on time
C. At this rate, they are never going here on time
8. A. Are you studied Chinese before?
B. Are you studying Chinese before?
C. Have you studied Chinese before?
9. A. I can do that for you
B. I could do that
C. I could to make that for you
Answer: — Thank you, that’s very kind
10. A. Are you going to University?
B. Are you going to go to University?
C. Do you like University?
Answer: — Yes, in the Autumn
11. A. You haven’t to do that, you know
B. You didn’t have to do that, you know
C. You didn’t must do that, you know
12. A. How long is it from Hong Kong to Shanghai?
B. How far is it from Hong Kong to Shanghai?
C. How much is it from Hong Kong to Shanghai?
13. A. When we finish the painting, we’ll have a cup of tea
B. When we’ve finished the painting, we’ll have a cup of tea
C. When the painting finishes, we’ll have a cup of tea
14. He told her that…
A. He would love her forever
B. He loved her forever
C. He is loving her forever
15. A. She asked the shop asistent to have a refund
B. She asked the shop asistent to give a refund
C. She asked the shop asistent for a refund
B. Write synonyms (words that mean the same as the ones given. For example if the word was ”small” then ”little” is a synonym of small).
1. Good _______________
3. Beautiful ____________
4. Horrible _______________
6. Chilly ____________
7. Boiling _____________
8. Fun ____________
9. Tired ___________
10. Yummy ______________
C. Fill in the appropriate Prepositions
1. I don’t agree ______ you.
2. Phone her ___–!
3. Does he still go _______ school ………
4. ……… or is he ________ University?
5. Please look ________ me when I’m talking!
6. Are you listening ________- me?
7. I’m sorry _________ what I said earlier.
8. She’s married _________ a doctor, you know.
9. Can you have dinner _________ us next weekend?
10. That’s a lovely thing __________ say!
11. I haven’t seen him ________ ages.
12. I’ll come by your house _________ Tuesday.
D. Fill in the gaps.
I come _______ Ireland because that is ______ I was born.
I have a mother _______ a father. I have a sister but ______ brother.
My mother is a dentist so she looks after people’s _________.
My father was a __________ in the army. He wore a green _________ the same as all the other soldiers.
My pet ________ has a kitten which we call gray. Cats do not have hair as such they have ________ which is like hair. I am sleepy so I am going up to my ________ now.