Science Test April
1. Supply the blank in the following sentence. The three states of matter are liquid, gas and ____________.
2. When a solid turns to a liquid what is this process called?
3. What is a very small organism called that spreads disease?
4. What are the ideal conditions for microbes to grow?
5. Science is divided into three subjects: Chemistry, Physics and ____________
6. What does CO2 mean in Science?
7. What is the chemical formula for water?
8. What does a plant need for growth besides water and CO2?
9. What is the name of the process where plants use water, CO2 and sunlight to grow?
10. Organisms are divided into two groups. One is animals. What is the other group called?
11. Is melting a reversible change?
12. Is burning a reversible change?
13. What gas do animals including humans need to breathe in?
14. What gas do plants need to breathe in?
15. Which organ pumps blood around the body?
16. Name a plant where we eat the root.
17. What do fish have instead of lungs?
18. What do decibels measure?
19. Will 20 decibels sound louder in an empty room or in a room full of furniture?
20. Explain the echo effect.