English Test April 2017.
1. Which sentence is more formal? Circle the right answer.
This guy is my pal.
This gentleman is my friend.
2. Correct the capitalisation error below.
My favourite country is mexico.
3. Put a comma where it is missing.
In my room I have a bed table and chairs.
4. Correct the sentence below by putting in quotation marks.
Holly said, Hey dad, please can I go to Jennifer’s house? Then Holly called Jennifer.
5. Put in the missing conjunction.
You can have tea ___ coffee.
6. Use the correct conjunction out of ”so” or ”but” and use it in the sentence below.
Bob woke up late _________ he was late to school.
7. Put these in alphabetical order.
Zero, quick, dent.
8. Rewrite the following sentence in past tense.
My aunt cooks dinner every day.
9. These pills should help your heart.
Does the word ”should” in that earlier sentence mean a
Cirlce the correct one: possibility or certainty.
I like you.
Is the foregoing sentence a statement or a question? Circle the correct one – statement or question.
11. Write at LEAST ten sentences about yourself. You can write real information or imaginary statements. Make your you spell correctly and write grammatically. Use as advanced a vocabulary as possible.