- Ireland is not that big. 2 weeks should be adequate.
2. Sites. Dublin. Castle. St James Gate Brewery. National Gallery, Writers’ Museum, Madame Tussaud’s. Cathedrals. Temple Bar. music pubs. Kilmainham Gaol.
Belfast. City Hall. Cathedrals.
Giant’s Causeway. Antrim coast.
Cliffs of Moher.
Cork – prison. Gallery. English market. gorgeous streets. Blarney castle.
coast. Kinsale. restaurants.
Rock of Cashel.
activities – golf, riding, sailing, cycling, walking. beaches.
3. Good transport in Dublin and Belfast. car for countryside.
4. Not cheap.
camping. youth hostels.
5. Great tours. Paddywagon. Paddy palace.
6. July and August is manic.
It rains rest of year. Spike at Xmas and Patrick’s day
Paddy’s Day not as extravagant as in USA.
Lisdoonvarna – marriage festival. film with Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore.
Kilkenny comedy festival
west belfast festival
marching season in NI. 12 July
Races. Galway, Leopardstown,
Dublin Horse Show.