- Muslims are unfairly demonised. Demagogues foster hatred of Muslims.
2. Muslims have been good to me. Muslims are often welcoming and generous. Their faith enjoins them to hospitality and liberality.
I lived in Muslim lands. I had Muslim colleagues and friends. 9/10 of my pupils were Muslim. My Muslim colleagues who wore headscarves still interacted with me.
I would happily wed a Muslim. I lived in Saudi Arabia. I have been into the Dome of the Rock in Al Quds Al Arabi. I have been inside many mosques.
3. Only way out of conflict by promoting mutual respect and friendship.
4. Islam teaches good things like charity, hygiene etc, compassion, racial equality, eating only fresh meat, ban on pork had health reasons, ban on alcohol also sensible… freeing slaves.
5. Christians have committed many crimes. How about KKK. Mass shootings in USA are done by Christians. Anders Bering Breivik. There are good and bad in every faith. There are all personality types in all religions. Lord’s Resistance Army, terrorists in Northern Ireland. Some priests in the IRA, Loyalist terrorists quoted Bible to justify their crimes…
6. Anti Muslim diatribe makes life difficult for Christians and or westerners in muslim lands. Christian evangelicals should recognise they have a lot in common with observant Muslims in their views on ethical issues.
7. Militant organisations often actuated by territorial, nationalist, political, economic and other goals.
8. There are Muslims who are Americans, French, Irish etc… They have rights too.