- Law making powers repatriated.
- UK is overruled in qualified majority voting many times.
People can have the laws they want. Opinion is never unanimous in any country but some laws are more popular in some states than others.
Inane over regulation. bent bananas rule. No myth.
2. Less immigration.
We can trade without having unlimited movement of people. There are many free trade blocs around the world but only the EU has the unchecked movement of people. People are not goods.
immigration at over 300 000 next per annum. In early 90s it was net 50 000. The UK needs some immigration. Immigrants can be marvellous people. Immigration needs to be at a sensible level.
3. Less money will be wasted.
So much money on moving EU Parliament from Strasbourg to Brussels and back. Carbon foot print
4. The UK will be free to make trade deals with other countries.
Some deals would suit UK more than other member states.
Iceland made a deal with CHina despite having only 0.5% of the UK’s population
5. The UK will not be dragged into avoidable conflicts.
EU Army founded. Clegg lied and send it was a dangerous fantasy.
EU Rapid Reaction Force has been existed for years. You might think an EU Army is good – if so say so.
6. The United Kingdom will restore full democracy.
Elections mean little. Parliament mainly implements EU directives.
7. The popular Brexit vote will be given effect to.
It is right the majority get what they want. What are referenda for?
Europhiles won in 1975 and that result is sacred. Now some of them say that 2016 does not count.
8. The UK can regain control over its fishing grounds.
UK had thriving fishing fleet until 70s. Devastated some rural communities. Some species of fish almost wiped out in North Sea. Norway and Iceland rejected EEC partly for this reason.
9. The British Kingdom will no longer be part of the Common Agricultural Policy that dumps on LEDC markets and subsidises billionaires. Food can become more affordable.
Subsidies for tobacco in Greece that was too costly to smoke.
UK is a net contributor. France is a recipient.
10. Politics will no longer be so opaque. No more secret meetings of the European Commission.
The UK had a bizarrely convoluted legislative process.
EU commission proposes. Co decision between Parliament and council
11. UK will no longer have to have the European Convention of Human Rights as part of its domestic law. The E Convention HR is adjudicated by the E Court of HR which is often anti British saying right to life of terrorists was violated when they were shot dead as after they had planted a bomb.
ECHR has some good provisions. Many praiseworthy provisions have been in British laws for decades or even centuries
some things clash. Right to privacy and right to freedom of expression
ECHR is not sacred. These are tendentious matters
It should not take years and millions of pounds to extradite Abu Qatada. People who advocate ECHR as wonderful are the same ones who speak up for European Arrest Warrant which makes extradition almost automatic within the EU.