Interview questions for UWC. SEA.
1. How are you?
2. How was your flight?
3. Where are you staying?
4. Have you been in Singapore before? What do you think of it?
5. Where are you from?
6. Where do you live?
7. Why do you live there? When did you move?
8. How come you have moved so much?
9. Which has been your favourite school so far? Why?
10. Which was the worst? Why?
11. Do you like your current school?
12. Tell me about your family?
13. What are your parents’ jobs?
14. Why do you want to come to UWC?
15. Why do you wish to come to Singapore?
16. What do you know about Singapore?
17. You say that UWC is excellent – are you?
18. We have a very strong work ethic at UWC. Are you extremely hard working?
19. Why have you missed so much school?
20. Will you miss a lot of school if admitted at UWC?
21. Might your brothers come here?
22. What are your ambitions after school?
23. Explain your subject choices.
24. What are your achievements in basketball?
25. What is your strongest subject?
26. How cosmpolitan are you?
27. Tell me about your accomplishments in wrestling?
28. How come you speak Russian more than Kazakh?
29. What do you know about IB?
30. Why do you want to do IB?
31. How do you feel about social service?
32. Which sports will you play?
33. What is your behaviour like?
34. How does your religion contribute to your life?
35. Why should we admit you to UWC?
36. What is your weakest subject? What are you doing to overcome your difficulties?
37. What is your greatest shortcoming?
38. How do you respond to criticism and punishment?
39. How would your friends describe you?
40. What will you do if we do not accept you?
41. You said in your personal statement that you are multidimensional. Please enlarge on that.
42. How do you establish a rapport with people as you mentioned in your application?
43. Why do you admire Lee Kuan Yew?
44. What is a polyglot? You used this word in your personal statement.
45. Why would you wish to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme?
46. Why do you wish to attend NUS?
47. What subject do you wish to read in tertiary education?
48. You correctly state that UWC achieves superb grades. But a lot of this is down to the students not the teachers. What is the evidence that are very industrious?
49. How come you want to do a business degree?
50. Do you have any questions for us?
51. What are UWC values?
52. How do you personally respect the environment?
53. What is your sense of idealism?
54. What personal challenges will you undertake next year?
55. Give me an example of a challenge you have overcome thus far?
56. How would you lead younger pupils by personal example?
57. How will you build intercultural understanding?
58. How do you celebrate difference?
59. How much personal integrity do you have? Have you ever cheated on a test or got someone do you your homework for you? Do you admit responsibility when you have been incompetent or immoral?
60. How do you show your respect for your peers and teachers?
61. How do you demonstrate your compassion for those less fortunate than yourself?
62. In what ways have you served your community thus far?
63. How should we build world peace?
64. Is running an oil company compatible with creating a sustainable future?